Becoming a Host Family
Join the hundreds of families in Vancouver and Toronto who have discovered the rewards of hosting an international student. With LSI, the homestay experience has so much to offer to both host and student. It will give you and your family an opportunity to learn about different cultures and teach others about the Canadian way of life!
LSI students come from countries all over the world. Typically, they will stay for a period of 2-12 weeks.
At LSI, we carefully select our host families to ensure they are able to provide the following:
Host families provide:
- An English-speaking environment
- A private room in the home, complete with a standard bed, study desk or table with chair and study lamp, closet and dresser
- One, two or three meals per day (as arranged with the school)
- A commute of no more than 45 minutes from the home to the school
- A safe, comfortable, and friendly environment
We would like to hear from you if you are interested in becoming an LSI host family. To request our guide book and application form, please contact our schools:Contact Us